We had an award’s assembly this morning. Congratulations to Joana for receiving the Caring Award for our class!
Then we had Math. We spent a lot of time today reviewing for our test on percents, which is now on Tuesday.
The rest of the day was spent working on Exhibition. Today’s goals for each group were to write the key concept questions, central idea, and lines of inquiry relating to their issue. We discussed how to accomplish this. There was much collaboration between group members who then met with me and with their mentors if possible. Students received feedback on how to improve their work. Once this was done students completed their first journal entry.
The first journal area focus:
1. What is your role and what is required of you in exhibition?
Students are to use their own words to explaining their own understanding of their role and requirements for the whole of Exhibition.
2. What do you know about your issue so far?
Most students finished all the requirements for today’s Exhibition goals.
Students are reminded to keep practicing for the spelling bee. The Grade 6 in-class bee will take place on Thursday, April 4th. The Grade 7/8 in-class spelling bee will be held on Tuesday, April 2nd.
Spring fundraising payments can still be handed in.
· Devices are needed daily
· Talk to your parents about what you are learning in class
· Begin to find someone to interview or a site to visit for your primary source
· Think about your action component
· Complete first journal entry
2. Math – complete Review
3. Math test Tuesday
4. Bouldering forms due Monday
5. Spring Fundraiser forms
6. Neon/80’s day Monday (for those who paid their 2 dollars)