Country Holiday Presentation:
Students will choose a country (this can be from their own culture) and research a celebration within this country. They are to include:
1. The dates of the celebration
2. Important people who are responsible for the celebration/important people that are a part of this celebration
3. A symbol associated with this celebration (Ex: Christmas – a Christmas tree)
4. 2 facts about this celebration
5. A gift giving tradition within this country
6. 2-3 other traditions in this country
Students are to do the research at home and they will do the writing portion at school Monday, March 2, 2015. They will present on
Wednesday, March 4, 2015.
We began the day with our spelling test and then working on our cursive.
After we had physical education with Ms. Lovan.
When students returned we did our presentations for our Family Tree and explained the symbols that we chose for our families. Ms. Jaskolka tried uploading the videos but they are not working so she will email each parent with the presentations.
After we read chapter 4 of Freckle Juice. Andrew got really sick from drinking the Freckle Juice that he needed to stay home from school! Andrew did not want to go back to school when he got better but his mom told him if he did not, then he would need to take 3 baths a day, every day, for 10 years!! He reluctantly got ready for school.
After first recess and lunch we had French.
After French we wrote our homework in our agendas and then completed any unfinished work.
After second recess and lunch, we read the last chapter of Freckle Juice. Andrew ended up putting blue marker on his face so that he could have freckles. When he got to school the other kids were laughing at him. Ms. Kelly was so nice that she made “a secret formula” to remove freckles. He went to the washroom and washed them off. Nicky then wanted to use the “secret formula” to get rid of his freckles but Ms. Kelly said he looked wonderful just the way he was!
1. Read for 20 minutes
2. Information for holiday Monday
3. Sign rubric
4. Math review – do all except the last page
5. Reading Comprehension questions due Tuesday
6. Monday is pajama day