We began the day working on our lesson 3 spelling words.
Next we had French and then Gym.
After first recess and lunch we had Music.
During math, we began a new lesson about ordinal numbers, counting numbers using their order (i.e., first, second, third). The class lined up according to height and we identified the first in line, the second, fifth, etc. We also did the same with the alphabet and the months of the year. The class then worked in their textbooks to demonstrate their knowledge and understanding.
After second recess and lunch we continued our exploration into being a good citizen. We watched an episode of the Bernstein Bears where brother and sister had a bad case of the gimmies!!! After we finished, as a whole of grade 2 we talked about what we learned. These conversations lead us to a discussion about wants and needs. We talked about various wants and needs that we know about and tomorrow we will complete activities related our own wants and needs.
At the end of the day we worked as a whole group to explore and vote for a law we felt suits our class. First, we discussed the law we came up with within our table groups using our communicator and open-minded learner profiles. Next we voted for one of the laws within our groups. We then had a whole class silent vote. We put our heads down and raised our hand when Ms. Jaskolka called out the law we wanted to vote for. Our new classroom law is:
I think Cuddly is very happy with this law!!!
1. Read for 20 minutes
2. Math sheet Questions 1-7
3. Spelling pg. 13-16
4. Cursive pg. 16-17
5. Math test Monday
6. International Day research was due on Monday about Tanzania. Each child was given a topic to research about. They are also being asked to also bring in 3-4 pictures related to their topic (colour if possible) along with their research.
7. Food Bank items for our trip on October 3
8. Two dollars in support of Terry Fox
9. BBQ form is due Wednesday
10. St. Jude’s and Oakwood Welcome BBQ will take place on Monday October 2.
11. Bake Sale tomorrow – The Grade 2’s will be running the bake sale. If possible, parents are being asked to bring in peanut-free items on this day. Also students can bring in money tomorrow and Wednesday for the Bake Sale
12. Tomorrow we will have the Terry Fox run at school. Students are being asked to come dressed in their gym clothes.
13. Wednesday is Casual Day. If the casual day fee has been paid, students are able to come dressed in their casual clothing.
14. Friday, students are being asked to come dressed in an orange shirt in support of First Nations people and their culture.